- If there’s one thing the City does better than the West End, then it’s early evening drinks. And with bars popping up every five minutes in this area, there’s still no one doing drinks like Amber.
Ideally located in Moorgate, this glamorous underground bar starts filling up with office workers from lunchtime onwards. By 6pm it’s teeming with suited and booted professionals in the market for after-work drinks. And by 8pm the late-night party people are heading for a big one: whether it’s in the main bar, the leather-clad Opal Bar, the stylish Milk Bar or in Groovy Wonderland, the 70s themed bar complete with a flashing dancefloor and carefree city types strutting their stuff.
It’s just the tonic after a demanding week.
- Opening days
- Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday
- Opening times
- Mon - Wed 12:00 - 01:00 | Thurs & Fri 12:00 - 02:00 | Sat: Available for Hire
- Entry cost
- Monday - Wednesday : Free Entry
Thursday: £3 from 9pm
Friday: £5 from 9pm
- Entry policy
- Click here to see Door Policy
Entry RequirementsAge Policy: Over 18's
Dress Code: Smart but funky, casual but clean.
Amber Bar reserve the right to entry.
All groups must be mixed or predominantly female.
Prices and booking policy may vary.
- Do your best to arrive early.
- Always have proof of identification with you as this maybe required.
- If you have submitted a guestlist through GuestlistSPOT, your names will be under "GSPOT".
- The management reserves the right to admission.
Amber Bar operate a relaxed door policy.
We operate a zero tolerance policy. Please note: any abuse or violence to members of the public or members of staff will not be tolerated and further legal action may be taken against you.
- Entry type
- Age restriction
- Over 18s
- 300 - 500 people
- Dress codes
- Smart Casual
- Music type
- Disco, Commercial House, Indie, Pop, Rock, R n B, Party anthems, Club Classics
- Submit guestlist by
- 06:00pm (for that day)
- City Point, 1 Ropemaker Street, London, EC2Y 9AW
- 020 3282 1520 - call for guestlist or table bookings
- Special Events
- Celebrate your Christmas Party at Amber Bar
What we think about Amber Bar
- The Venue
- Amber bar in Moorgate is a multi-purpose venue situated inside very busy office block.
Amber aims to please, with 4 distinctively different bars; Amber bar, Opal bar, Milk bar and Groovy Wonderland.
Amber during the day is the place to enjoy gourmet burgers, steak & chips and for those seeking the healthy option salads & sandwiches are also on the menu.
Elsewhere in Amber the music is cranked up a notch, with chart friendly tunes spilling out of Opal bar, for those looking for RnB & House you will find in it being pumped out of the speakers in Milk and for all you nostalgic disco lovers head towards the Groovy Wonderland a retro den complete with a Saturday Night Fever-style dance floor & mirrorballs.
Amber is very popular with the City workers and gets very busy midweek and even busier as we draw closer to Thursdays and Fridays so making an advanced reservation or table booking is highly recommended.
Special VIP and celebrations packages are available for those who are looking to add a little more glamour to their night at the Amber Bar, starting from as little as £50 upwards depending on your requirements.
Amber have a great Happy Hour from 5pm - 8pm where you can enjoy your favourite drinks for less.
Whether it's out for a bite to eat, after-work quick fix or serious disco party night out then Amber has what you need.
- The Atmosphere
- Suits, pencil skirts and white shirts is what you can expect the patrons of Amber bar to be wearing as this is popular spot for City workers and business types to unwind and relax.
It's not hard to find a room to suit your mood at Amber, so if you're looking for a quick drink and a chat then we would recommend Amber but if you're looking for something a bit more lively and late night frolics then choose from the other rooms located within Amber, each very different in style and theme, Amber can create and satisfy any mood.
- The Music
- You will be spoilt for choice for music at Amber, with different themed rooms playing different types of music.
In Opal bar the music policy is commercial chart hits and party anthems and in Milk bar you can expect a more urban club sound with RnB and House.
Groovy wonderland plays 60's, 70's, 80's, 90's disco and party anthems.
Whatever your music taste, Amber has it covered.
- The Food
- Amber bar serve up a concise selection of pub dishes and international favourites. The bar menu offers light bites, salads or freshly made sandwiches or if you're looking for something more filling then you can choose from the burgers or a classic steak.
The food is reasonably priced for what it is and the average spend for food is £15 per person.
An express lunch menu is available at £4 with a good selection of food to choose from.
- The Drink
- A good selection of beers, spirits, wines and a cocktail list is available which will have you pretty much covered for choice at Amber.
With a daily happy hour running from 5pm - 8pm Monday - Friday, you can enjoy up to 50% off selected drinks and various other promotions at Amber.
- Happy Hour
- Daily happy hour 50% off selected drinks and various other promotions.
- The Last Word
- City Venues have a reputation of being full of suits and business types, and Amber isn't going to break the trend, this is a popular drinking / partying venue with local City slickers, however the varied music and excellent cocktails makes it worth checking out.
Additional Venue Features
Hiring detailsWe have 4 distinctively different bars; Amber bar, Opal bar, Milk bar and the 70’s/80’s themed Groovy Wonderland. Our fresh and funky party destination is in the heart of the city and is great for any occasion whether it’s a relaxing lunch in Amber bar, a few drinks in Opal bar for happy hour, a fun party night out in Groovy Wonderland or our VIP experience in Milk bar, we certainly have it all in Amber.
Our event sales team are available to plan and support your bespoke event in consultation with the highly skilled management team.
Got an enquiry
What would you like to ask us?
"If you would like to make an enquiry about Amber Bar or our sevices, please submit your enquiry here and a member of our team will reply back to you as soon as possible."