- Shaka Zulu London is absolutely stunning and without doubt the most beautiful venue in Camden, Londo More...
Shaka Zulu DescriptionShaka Zulu London is absolutely stunning and without doubt the most beautiful venue in Camden, London right now. With 60ft giant statues, meat flavoured cocktails and a giant escalator taking you between floors it provides a totally unique clubbing experience. Prepare to be amazed at Shaka Zulu as you move through the venue and marvel at the intricate detail captured on each carved wall and ceiling panel.
The design has earned Shaka Zulu Camden numerous accolades including the prestigious prize of 'best interior design' at the London Club and Bar Awards 2012.
Located in Stables Market in Camden and based over two floors, Shaka Zulu nightclub is the perfect place to let loose on a Friday night. The Djs play the best of House, Funkyhouse Commercial Rnb and Club Classic and exotic food is served throughout the night, ranging from a small platter to a full meal. For those seeking a little something outside of the West End, be sure to join us at this weekly Friday night party.
- Opening days
- Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday... (click on a day)
- Opening times
- (Mon-Wed 5pm-12am) (Thu-Fri 5pm-2am) (Sat 12-3pm & 5pm-2am) (Sun 12-3pm & 5pm-12am)
- Entry cost
(Fridays-Saturdays club only)
£10 before 10pm.
- Entry policy
- Click here to see Shaka Zulu's Entry Policy
Entry RequirementsSmart dress only.
No large male groups.
All groups must be mixed or predominantly female.
Prices and booking policy may vary.
- Do your best to arrive early.
- Always have proof of identification with you as this maybe required.
- If you have submitted a guestlist through GuestlistSPOT, your names will be under "GSPOT".
- The management reserves the right to admission.
Shaka Zulu operate a strict door policy. If your names aren't on the guestlist or you and your guests are not dressed to the club's requirements, you will not gain entry.
We operate a zero tolerance policy. Please note: any abuse or violence to members of the public or members of staff will not be tolerated and further legal action may be taken against you.
- Entry type
- Guest list only
- Age restriction
- Over 18s
- 300 - 500 people
- Dress codes
- Smart dress only
- Cocktails, Shots, Beer & Spirits, Bottle service, Wines, Champagne
- Music type
- Funky, Hiphop, Commercial House, Live, Pop, R n B, Party anthems
- Submit guestlist by
- 11:30pm (for that day)
- Special considerations
- Available for hire, Table Booking, Large Groups
- The Stables Market, Chalk Farm Road, London, NW1 8AB
- 0203 282 1520
What we think about Shaka Zulu
- The Venue
- Shaka Zulu a 5.5 million pound venue opened its doors to the public in 2010 and continues to pull in not just the local crowd but restaurant & party goers from all over.
This magnificent African themed venue located in the Stables Market in Camden and set over two floors which holds a restaurant, bar and club and offers food, drinks, live music, and dancing throughout the week.
Carved wooden murals cover every inch of Shaka Zulu's walls and ceiling and on the lower floor of this stunning venue is complemented by a display of 20ft high warrior statues.
As you enter the venue the first floor has two bars located at opposite ends and scattered around are large spacious booths and tables which makes this floor an excellent space to enjoy drinks and socialise with friends.
On the weekends tables can be reserved on this floor starting from £250 minimum and is ideal for groups sized 5 - 10 people.
The lower floor is the restaurant and the Kings Club which is accessible by an illuminated escalator which you can take from the first floor.
Right in the centre of the lower floor you will find a huge square bar and on either side of this impressively sized centre piece you have the South African cuisine restaurant and on the opposite side you have the Kings Club with large VIP booths and tables which you must reserve or book in advance.
Booking dinner at Shaka Zulu automatically entitles you and your guests free entry to the club, otherwise door charges for just the Kings Club applies
Party packages are available at Shaka Zulu on the weekends starting from £250 and come with various cocktails and drinks, ideal for those who are celebrating a birthday or just out looking to have a good time.
Compared to other bars and clubs in Camden which offer a relaxed dress code Shaka Zulu is quite strict about theirs especially on the weekends for the club nights, so make sure you adhere to the clubs entry policies or you may be denied entry.
- The Atmosphere
- As you enter the Stables Market and walk past the pop up fast food stalls you come to a small door guarded by two 20ft Zulu warriors, you then descend down some escalators not knowing quite what to expect as it feels like you've just walked on to the set of Jumanji.
The extravagant themed décor adds excitement and amazement as soon as you enter, you probably won't know where to start with this venue as it is massive. Once you have gathered your bearings you'll probably find yourself at the bar ordering a drink or two you will probably be seduced into going down the illuminated escalators to the Kings Club and restaurant area.
During the week Shaka Zulu operates more as a restaurant and bar but on the weekends once the clock strikes 10pm and the last food order has been served this magical venue transforms into a busy bar and nightclub with party goers coming from afar.
With 3 bars located in different spots the drinks flow fast here, it doesn't take long for people to get into the party mood.
The Kings club can get very busy and there isn't much space for dancing due to the large booths and tables that are scattered around the club.
Shaka Zulu on the weekends attracts a diverse crowd with an average of 24 all out for a good time.
- The Music
- During the week you can expect to hear background eclectic music and on the weekends the resident DJ's will have you dancing to Commercial chart hits, RnB, HipHop, Pop, House and Club classics.
- The Food
- Shaka Zulu serves up a South African cuisine showcasing the originality and flair of South African cuisine. For the more adventurous diners who are looking for a true culinary experience of South Africa Shaka Zulu restaurant also offer game meats such as Kudu, Ostrich, Springbok and Zebra all from Namibia.
The food is on the pricey side averaging at £20 - £30 per person but it's not just the food you are paying for, it's the theatrical experience also.
- The Drink
- 3 bars situated inside Shaka Zulu and each stocked with the very best quality spirits, beers, wines and champagnes. It would be hard for you to not find what you're looking for here.
A cocktail list is also available for those who are a bit more adventurous with a lists of classics and creations too, Manhattans, Caipirinhas, Mai Tais and Margaritas.
Large sharing cocktails are available, which are great tasting and fun, prices for these start from £30 and can go up to £150 for the Monkey Brothers sharing cocktail which serves up to 10 people.
Overall the drinks prices aren't as cheap as the local competition but still cheaper than central London.
- The Last Word
- There is a little bit of everything here at Shaka Zulu which has complimented the success and popularity of this venue, from its uniquely themed décor to its delicious food and drinks menu this is definitely worth checking out.
Additional Venue FeaturesView Map Review Menus
Hire out Shaka Zulu
Hiring detailsShaka Zulu has become one of the most sought-after venues in London, having hosted parties for both high-end corporate and the rich & famous. Shaka Zulu truly is a unique events space and our professional, experienced and passionate team can deliver outstanding service for each and every occasion.
The venue features several semi-private areas, a fully equipped green room for performing artists and a state-of-the-art Martin Audio sound system to create the perfect party.
This truly breathtaking venue is available for the following:
- Full venue hire
- Semi private hire
- Showcases & live performances
- Product launches
- Networking events and receptions
- Charity events with preferential rates
- Private dinners
- Bar/Bat Mitzvahs
- Birthday Celebrations
- Weddings & Engagements
- Canapé & bowl food parties
If you wish to discuss your event or to arrange a site visit please contact us using the quick form.
Shaka Zulu Galleries
Got an enquiry for Shaka Zulu
What would you like to ask us?
"If you would like to make an enquiry about Shaka Zulu or our sevices, please submit your enquiry here and a member of our team will reply back to you as soon as possible."